Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Body Fat Check In

I'm 1 week into my body fat experiment, and so far I'm down from 25.9% to 25.4%. I've still got 5 weeks to go to hit my goal of 24%. I think that's pretty good!

There's been no magic trick to make it happen, just more strength training, more protein, more fruits and vegetables, less sugar, and almost no flour. My sweet treats have shifted from baked stuff like cookies and brownies to a few squares of dark chocolate, or a 1/2 cup of ice cream. Also, I've upped my running pace a few notches.

I'm especially happy since I went to a weekend-long family Christmas party this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I tried to load my plate with protein and veggies, and only make it to the dessert table once a day. I had to have a slice of my aunt's famous red velvet cake, but I only had a little piece--major victory in Amyland.

My goal this week, given the fact that I'm making a huge batch of Pioneer Woman cinnamon buns tonight and Christmas falls on Sunday, is to make it down to 25.2%. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I think I am 25% sugar right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you calculating your body fat percentage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you are figuring out BF% as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a Weight Watchers brand body fat scale. It's not the most accurate way of measuring body fat, but if you do it at the same time every day, it's at least consistent.

    ReplyDelete